Monday 30 April 2012

My Gorjuss New Stamp

There I was, sitting in the coffee shop having a cuppa in Howden's, the garden centre where my favourite craft shop lives, and in walks my good friend, Alison, who works in the craft shop, waving this stamp at me.  "Look what's just come in", she says, followed closely by "I've put one aside for you coz I know you'll want one".  Well I wouldn't want to offend by refusing (yeah right, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)  so I had to buy it.......... and another stamp too.
I've coloured the image with Promarkers, with some white gel pen for snow.  By cutting it out in a circle, I wanted to give the impression of them inside a snow globe.
The yummy, glittered snowflake paper was sold by the sheet and has been so chopped up I don't know what make it is.  The plain cardstock is all Core'dinations from the Tim Holtz Distress collection and the embossing was done with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder.
The sentiment stamp is from a Papermania set.
Ribbon, bow, gems, done!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Christmas Challenges - #25 - sketch
Crafty Hazelnut - #70 - greeting without the word, "Christmas"
Little Claire's - #20 - doing the rounds, use circles
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - #8 - anything goes
CRAFT - #152 - animals
Di's Digi Designs - animal friends

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, the colours are fab and I love that image. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card Wendy. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, she is just so gorjuss! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy its gorgeous, I can understand why you did,nt want to offend her!!!!xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don;t think you need an excuse - I can see a craft obsessive a mile away - but she is nice and you've created a lovely card too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Wendy - and I haven't seen the stamp before - its awesome! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooooooo wow.love the new image wendy and really gorgeous design and colours ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely stamp on your christmas card!!
    Thanks for joining us again at CCWS!
    Hugs, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely adorable stamp, great papers and layout too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a stunner. I love that paper, Wendy. Unusual colours for Christmas but they really work. Your stamp and colouring are great too. Thanks for sharing.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card - I can see why you 'needed' that Gorjuss stamp - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 70 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have been able to pass up this stamp, too. How cute is this. I love your card! Thanks for playing with CSAYL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card. I love the stamp and the papers are wonderful. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a amazing Christmascard!
    Thaks for joining the challenge at CCWS.
    Hugs Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I love your amazing coloring on this cute image! The background is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with our challenge at DI'S DIGI DESIGNS this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great christmascard, I love the colours!
    Thanks for joining us at CCWS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card thanks for joining us at little claire

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card and your image is great!
    Thank you for joining us at CCWS.

    Janneke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.