Monday 21 May 2012

Best Friends

I enjoyed colouring my horsey Lili of the Valley stamped image so much last week that I decided to to continue the theme with this gorgeous Kanban stamp.  I spent most of my teenage years drawing horses and spending time at the stables and I still love all things equine today.  I think this stamp really reflects the bond a human can have with an animal.  It has, of course, been coloured with Promarkers including my lovely new limited edition summer ones.  I also used and ink duster and Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to add a hint of a summer sky.
The papers are rather elderly Papermania Hawthorn and Bramble that I'd forgotten about until I was having a good rummage in my craft room.  I so glad I found them as they are so pretty and are in lovely colours and designs.
The die cut sentiment is from the decoupage set that matches the papers and the
flowers were made with Woodware punches   The butterfly was made with an Xcut die and I've added some Liquid Pearls for it's trail.
Some ribbon, a bow and some Card Candi are the finishing touches.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
The Squirrel and the Fox - #18 - best friends
Passion for Promarkers - #149 - inspiration photo - I've used the colours and added ribbon
I Love Promarkers - #177 - anything goes
The Crafty Pad - #171 - bingo, I've used ribbon, flowers, bling
Willow Sketchy - sketch and use 3 different patterned papers



25 comments:

  1. Fab card, it's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card wendy love the colours and that butterfly is just fab ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy. Love your horsey card. I know a few girls who would just love this too! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Wendy,love the beautifully coloured image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is outstanding Wendy. Beautifully coloured.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another really cute one - love all these images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, your colouring is just perfect and love the image, it's so sweet.

    Such a lovely sentiment as well.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Wendy, love the image, fabulous colouring.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Wendy, your colour is perfect. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card!! Your coloring is fabulous. The design, colors and image are fantastic.
    Thanks for entering your creation in the Crafty Pad Challenge this week and hope to see more.

    Hugs
    Joanie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card with lots of lovely details to look at!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Bingo Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a gorgeous card wendy. beautiful coloured..love all the detail..pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. so stunning wendy.really gorgeous image and your colouring is fantastic :D
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy, your card is so lovely and what a sweet image beautiful layout and colouring too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Wendy, such a cute card and wondeful image !! Love it !! Thanks for playing along with us again this week at The Crafty Pad !!!!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great image Wendy and all so beautifully coordinated with the flowers.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How gorgeous, love everything about it. Great colouring and a wonderful image. Thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning hun, your colouring is perfect! Great take on our sketch!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Stunning colouring, I thought this was a topper! Gorgeous card x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Wendy, your colouring is stunning, love it. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! Your coloring is perfect and just amazing as is your card! great job! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at The Crafty Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow wendy!!
    your card is just lovely!!
    i love the image and layout. great colouring!
    hugs, tess.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your win over at I Love Promarkers :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.