Tuesday 28 August 2012

Boofle Gift Bag

Here's my Monday night project from this weeks craft session.  We started our evening with tea and home made mini ginger cakes and then set to work decorating gift bags.  The brown paper bags are actually lunch bags from Poundworld, you can't complain at ten for a pound!  They're not the strongest bags in the world and benefited from some extra glue on the handles and some card stuck inside along the bottom, but hey, it's for gift wrapping and they'll do the job just fine for that, although, if I decide to give ninja death stars in them, I'll have to wrap them well in bubble wrap!!
The Boofle papers and decoupage are from the new Docrafts goody bag, which I picked up yesterday and couldn't wait to play with!  The bag is filled with lots of Christmas crafty goodness, all very usable stuff.
I made the bunting with my much used Stampin' Up punch and added Papermania cardstock letter stickers and some red buttons between the flags.
A matching tag was die cut from kraft card. and decorated with a Boofle sticker and a red bow before being attached with paper raffia and edged with Star Dust Stickles.  I also backed the tag with white card to make reading a handwritten message easier.
I'm sure I'll be making a few more of these gift bags as Christmas approaches!

I'm entering this project in the following challenges -
Tuesday Alchemy - #29 - bee, guitar, lunch - I used a lunch bag
Allsorts - #169 - it's a gift
Crafty Ann's - #72 - Christmas

23 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL GIRT BAG.SUZYD X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute Wendy, loving the scarf lol..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this it's so sweet!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    *hugs*
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cuddly.. Great bag Wendy.. Love the layout..

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Wendy, Boofle looks so cute and I love the colours.
    Your 'new look' blog looks fab too!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Wendy,

    You always make my mouth water when you share the sweet treats you have it your craft evenings.

    You created such a pretty gift back here, it will make the present extra special.

    Thank you so much for joining in my 'It's a Gift'theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so gorgeos wendy.i love boofle :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!Wendy the is gorgeous well done. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab. project Wendy, you & friends certainly have fun ! Like the newlook blog too. Hope you're keeping well X Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Wendy, so cute.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi wendy this is gorgeous..pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Wendy, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab gift bag Wendy, I'll have to have a look for some in our local pound shop. I can't wait to get my hands on the goody bag either, haven't received mine yet!
    Love your fresh new blog design too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this fabulous Wendy,I've got the goody bag, the new Boofle Papers are gorgeous. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous gift bag Wendy. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our It's a Gift challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So incredibly cute gift bag! Boofle looks like it jumps out of the bag! Wonderful gift to give and to receive for Christmas!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable lunch bag!! Just love the sweet image and great details! Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a creative way to use a lunch bag!

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!
    Hugs Katya x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.