Sunday 26 August 2012

Quirky Crafts GDT Card

I'm delighted to have been chosen as a guest designer for the Quirky Crafts challenge blog for their current challenge which starts today.  The theme is "Farmyard with a Recycled Element" and was lucky enough to be given this lovely Limited Runs digi to play with are they are the sponsor for this challenge.  My recycled elements are to kraft card which is made from recycled paper and the buttons which are from a favourite blouse which recently fell apart.  Luckily, it had had donated it's body to science and I was able to remove the buttons before laying it to rest!
I coloured the image with Promarkers and stamped the sentiment with a stamp from a Personal Impressions set.
The papers are positively geriatric, a Dovecraft stack I've has since the dawn of time, which I've teamed with kraft, scuffed edges, rolled corners and twine for a rustic look.  The horseshoe charm was left over from making some wedding stationary, I thought it was the perfect embellishment to go with the cute horse image.
The border punch is Martha Stewart, the flowers were made with Nellie Snellen punches and the foliage with a Marianne die.  A few gems finish it off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Great Impressions - animals
One Stitch at a Time - #128 - use a digi
The Crafty Pad - twine
Come and Get It - 3D flowers
A Gem of a Challenge - #53 - animals or teddies
Sweet 'n' Sassy - #68 - photo inspiration, I used the colours
I Love Promarkers - #131 - transport (horseback is my favourite way to travel, I can't drive but I can ride!)

22 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Wendy. I love the image, your colouring as always is fabulous and such brilliant detailing.
    I hope you have a good evening
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a cute wee horse. Superb colouring and fab layout. You've been busy too, I see! Fantastic cards, Wendy. You always have such great ideas.

    No, I'm not going to the SECC in October :( Instead I'm going to see Kelly Clarkson a couple of weeks before. Yay! It'll be here before we know it! Can't wait to see all your goodies. :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable image Wendy, fabulous coolouring, love the papers and card design.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Wendy! Really love it.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card wendy, such a cute image..pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! What a sweet sentiment and image pairing, and I really like the rustic look of this card too. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge - hope you will join us again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love the image and all of your details. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful image and card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers transport challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Wendy, I just love how you recycled items. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card. I love the star border on kraft paper. Wonderful coloring too. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Wendy. Just how cute is that! Love it, what a great card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just sooo cute! I love that image! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Twine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Wendy. Love that horse! Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I really like the distressed edges and the star-punched edge. The horseshoe charm is a great finishing touch. Thanks for playing along in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Wendy, love the horse. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love it Wendy !! The whole rustic feel and such a cute digi !! So glad you could join us again this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wendy, wonderful to see you back at Come and Get It. Love your card and that very cute image. Thanks for joining our "flowers" challenge at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Wendy...this is gorgeous as always! Thanks for playing at A Gem Of A Challenge.Good luck! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card!

    Thanks for joining us for the "FLOWERS" Challenge at Come and Get It this week!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute. Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our "Use a Digi" challenge.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet! And wonderful distressing. Thanks for joining us this week OSAAT! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.