Monday 24 September 2012

Guitar Hero

This card was one of the commissions that I think all card makers find tricky, a commission from someone you don't know with details given through a friend.  I just hope it fits the bill.  I was asked for a male twenty first card for somebody who plays guitar in a band and she wanted a large card.  I went for an 8x8 card in masculine monochrome.
The guitar topper was cut on my Mum's Silhouette and the rest was a simple mat and layer job with frosty mirri and a panel embossed in grey pearl paper using a music score folder.  The Happy Birthday was done with peel offs and punched circles and the numbers are chipboard which I triple embossed with silver powder.  I resisted temptation to go over board with the embellishments, opting for a few pieces of mirri Card Candi..
I'm entering this card in the following challenges - 
Crafting When We Can - birthday card with the number one on it
Dream Valley - #41 - celebrations
The Squirrel and the Fox - # 27- celebrate the occasion
By the Cute and Girly - boys/men
Dude Time Doodles - add a sentiment

23 comments:

  1. I think this is a fab card for a lad of that age, perfect colour choice.. Love the design and layout

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the layout and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic masculine card! Love the monochromatic look and how you placed the sentiment. So glad you joined us for the Greetings/Sentiment challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful Wendy, I love the colours and layout.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This this fits the bill perfectly. Love the design and the colour scheme you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! I think you rocked it. Just fabulous. Had to pin it!

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind Dem
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
    Save~10% Shop w/me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card - fits the remit perfectly. x

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card just right for a lad. they will love it.
    kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Wendy ideal for male and who loves music:) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love how your sentiment is around the circle! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card Wendy, I like the design and the sentiment,Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!! Wendy, this is such a brilliant design!! I love all of the details of your design! Such a perfect masculine design!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Wendy...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this design, looks great in monochrome. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous Wendy, love the design.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning male card wendy.the design is brilliant ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous card wendy.. great design & layout pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card for a Dude! Thanks for playing at Dude Time Doodles this time in our Add A Sentiment challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is rockin'!!! Awesome job and I'm sure the recipient is going to love it. ♥ Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. A perfectly masculine card, I am sure it fits the bill perfectly. Thank you for sharing with us at The Squirrel and The Fox for our challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card Wendy, I think it's perfect for a male 21st. Love the round theme and the texture of the card you've used.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.