Friday 21 December 2012

Fairy Cakes!

I hadn't made an 8x8 card for a while so I decided to use a stamp I bought at the SECC to make one.  This Helz Cuppleditch stamp is absolutely gigantic, it only just fitted my largest acrylic block, making it perfect for larger projects.  It was a total bargain at £1 too!
I coloured the image with Promarkers and highlighted it with Glamour Dust for a bit of fairy sparkle.  The papers are all Papermania Little Cake Shoppe, another SECC bargain.  I already had the A5 size paper pack but when I saw the A4 pack at £2.50 I couldn't resist!  The cake embellishments were fussy cut from the paper pack and decorated with tiny pearls.  The sentiment was done with a Creative Expressions stamp and highlighted with Stickles in Christmas Red and Cotton Candy.  No cupcake themed card would be complete with out using my Martha Stewart cupcake border punch and I added a Dovecraft cupcake brad to the middle of a large bow to continue the theme.  I'm not sure if these fairies would be a hindrance or a help in the kitchen but maybe they'd be useful for the clearing up!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Papertake - pick of the year, I chose sketch 66
Fab 'n' Funky - #152 - add ribbon and/or lace
Flutterby Wednesday - #219 - open
Paper Pretties - Wednesday - #237 - glitter
Try it on Tuesday - lucky dip - ribbon, pearls, sentiment, stamped image

22 comments:

  1. Wow gynormous card, but room for all those great embellishments - a feat you manage so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that is a bargain - what a fabulous stamp - love it wendy and love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Wendy and love the decorated cupcakes.

    Wishing you and your family a lovely Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Wendy, love all the cupcakes, they look good to eat. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and all the best for 2013. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design and topic Wendy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! How yummy!!! LOVE the sparkle and coloring in your details here!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Happy Holidays! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
    *My Blog* - Stamp Smiles
    *My Blogaversary BLOG CANDY!*
    *My December “All Heart” BLOG CANDY!*
    Help me reach 1000 followers for another BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Wendy...:o)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas hun...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful image your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy, I love 8x8 cards and yours is so lovely, great image well coloured.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card Wendy, stunning image, Hope you and your family a Happy Christmas and Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Such a fabulous and fun card Wendy. I love the image and all the detailing is wonderful.

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge. Merry Christmas to you.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great fun card hun, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous card Wendy, great layout & cute images..
    Happy Christmas & a wonderful new year..pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute!! and fun! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Wendy, thanks for joining in with the PTW challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if
    you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    Look into my web site : acne scar treatment

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Wendy....Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab card wendy,
    wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card Wendy, fantasic stamp and what a bargain, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  20. so gorgeous wendy.i love all the cupcakes and fab sweet image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! What a fun image! Thank you for joining at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love this, you've really worked that 8 x 8 space! The main image is great and all those little details - perfection! Thanks for joinin gus at TioT, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.