Friday 14 December 2012

Fussy and Fancy DT Project - Banners or Tags

It's challenge time again over at Fussy and Fancy, this time we'd like to see "Banners or Tags".  I decided to make my Christmas gift tags as my DT project, to match my Scandi inspired wrapping scheme this year.
I used luggage labels from WH Smiths along with Papermania Home for Christmas papers, ribbon and bows.  I made a punched border with a Martha Stewart punch and die cut circles for the wooden embellishments to sit on, edging all the layers with Barn Door Distress Ink.  The wooden elements were free with a magazine, when I'd used all twelve of them up I raided my stash for wooden snowflakes to stick on instead.  Red pearls finish my tags off.
Here's how they look on the parcels, these ones are filled with crafty goodness for some of my crafting buddies!

I'm entering this project in the following challenges -
Divas by Design - #65 - use some red
The House That Stamps Built - #125 - holiday bags or tags
Anything Goes - #82 - traditional Christmas colours
Craft Room Challenge - tags
Creative Stamp Friends - #86 - Christmas packages
My Craft Spot - #79 - wrap it up
Crafty Ribbons - #34 - tags
Crimbo Crackers - #30 - wooden

17 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous love them and finish off the parcel beautifully. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, love that paper and your ags are gorgeous, really finish off the parcels.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful! Great use of the wood veneer!!! I'm so glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply delicious! I've just used a similar wooden ornament - I think they're so pretty, and you've used them to perfection here with those lovely papers. Your parcels look fantastic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy I love your tags and those wooden embellishments look great. I wondered what I was going to do with mine, but you've given me some inspiration now although I don't think I'll make it for this year now!


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Wendy, your tags are just darling!! Love the added wooden style embellishments and fun papers!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous wendy.love the red and kraft and fab embellies ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tags with the little wooden figures! I love them! Thanks for participating with these beauties in our challenge "tags" at Crafty Ribbons,

    Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tags, I love the papers and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning!
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tags are beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tags are gorgeous and complement the gift wrapping so perfectly!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful tags thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tags are absolutely stunning. I love them! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. I hope you'll play with us at our new challenge too. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got the same embellishments but I'm still looking at them in the wrapper!!! Wonderful tags! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are really gorgeous, and they complement your gifts beautifully! Thanks for joining in with our Tags challenge at Craft-Room.

    Maria x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.