Tuesday 4 December 2012

Gingerbread House

Here's my project from my Monday night craft session.  This week, after tea and home made double chocolate cake, we all made these cute gingerbread house tree decorations.  You can download the template, which is free, here.  I printed mine straight onto the back of my pearlised ginger coloured cardstock.
To make the roof tiles, I punched lots of little circles and layered them up, then I added snowy "icing" with Pinflair glue for glitter which I sprinkled with white glitter flock.  I "iced" the door and the window in the same way and used a weeny brad for the door handle.  I finished off by decorating with some white Card Candi, if you think how small Candi is you'll get a sense of the scale of this little house.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges -
Going Grey With Scrap Creations - anything but a card
Paperminutes - #246 - home decoration
Tuesday Alchemy - 43# - anything but a card
Anything But a Card - anything but a card
Fairy Tale - #55 - in the bakery

17 comments:

  1. I love this Wendy the gingerbread house is adorable and thank you for the link. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. Thanks for the link. I will make this with my grandson. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project, looks very edible. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
    Hugs Nela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww...really cute and gorgeous creation Wendy..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Wendy, this looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww how cute! I love the detailing on the roof

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous decorations wendy - and the cake sounds delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww so cute, Wendy! Love it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Wendy, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wendy, I love the idea of having cake and tea before you craft. Love this project thanks for the link. Will give this a go.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw so gorgeous wendy.fab sweet design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fabulous! I love this sweet decoration
    Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    *hugs*
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful project Wendy, love it, kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wendy that´s so very cute and lovely! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  17. That ist pretty cool and hoydayish...thanks for joining us at Paperminutes and Good Luck !

    love, Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.