Saturday 12 January 2013

All Snuggled Up

I decided to make a baby girl card as it was a baby boy card I made last and I always like to have one of each at hand!
The image is from Di's Digi Downloads, I won it in a recent challenge and was desperate to colour it, I think it's sooo cute.  It's been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers to match these lovely Marianne Eline's Baby papers.  I've not got much of the paper pack left because it's been so well used, I just love the soft vintage feel to them.  I teamed the papers with kraft and distressed all the edges for a shabby chic look.
I used a Spellbinders Splendid circle die for the lacy mat and used Marianne dies to create the flowers, gently inking the petals with pink ink.  To further embellish, I added Candy Pink Stickles round the edge of the topper, made a pearl topped lace bow, and a good handful of pearls, both faceted and domed.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Ribbons - #36 - new beginnings
Bearly Mine - #68 - sketch
In the Pink - #11 - luscious lace
Wags 'n' Whiskers - #95 - celebrations
Milk Coffee - new beginnings
A Gem of a Challenge - #62 - new beginnings
My Heart Pieces - getting girly
Creative Crafts - #1 - new beginnings
Digital Tuesday - #192 - new beginnings

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the layout Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so pretty Wendy. That image is wonderful and goes perfectly with those papers and layout. The pearls and flowers finish the card off great
    Have a good weekend
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Wendy, I love the sweet image and the colours and embellishments are beautiful

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty image Wendy and I love your design, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute card Wendy - really pretty - love this layout too! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous wendy.adorable image and your design is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet. Thanks for playing at CR. I have a little candy on my blog if you would like to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card wendy, love the cute image & colours.pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy

    Your baby card is fabulous... I love your diecuts and layout... and of course, that beautiful image and gorgeous lace bow!

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... hope we see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, such a cute image, and love the slight vintage feel to it also, beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at Bearly Mine Challenges. Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! That is an adorable image and your flowers are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww!! this is just so sweet, I love it

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card.love all the bling and flowers.Love the distressed look.Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee New Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooooo cute! I love pink and brown together. Fab design too. Thanks for playing with us at crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so cute!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Wendy, love the image, Thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Wendy...

    It's me again...... from In The Pink.. can you email me please so I can get your email addy? You can click on the email button on my blog at Cards by Christine... we have some exciting news for you!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.