Sunday 10 February 2013

Happy Birthday Tyler

My lovely, crafty bud, Donna, has a wee boy, Tyler, who has his birthday this month, here's the card I made for him.  He really loves to play in water, I've joked many times that he will probably develop gills, so I thought this Paper Pretties image that I recently won in a challenge would be perfect for him.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers and then I highlighted the bubbles with Star Dust Stickles and added some smaller bubbles with Liquid Pearls.  I used some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for a touch of colour round the edges of the topper.
The sentiment is from a Personal Impressions stamp set and I added the recipient's name with Papermania cardstock stickers, children always seem so pleased to get a card with their name on.
The papers are from a Paper Cellar stack, which is full of lovely check designs.  I added kraft card and faux stitching along with distressed edges for a homespun shabby feel.
To embellish all I needed were two buttons, one threaded with frayed ribbon and one with baker's twine.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Fairy Tale - #60 - sewing, real or drawn
Passion for Promarkers - #184 - boys and their toys
Sweet Pea Stampers - use a digi
Crafting When We Can - #37 - cards for boys
Addicted to Stamps and More - #6 - use markers

19 comments:

  1. Wow, wunderschöne Karte sie gefällt mir sehr gut
    lg gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card. love the gorgeous image and your colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card so much, super detail and a great image. xxFlora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh gorgeous as always hun...and lovely layout too...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Wendy, and an amazing image so beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really happy image, it's just lovely Wendy, and as usual your colours are great. I'm sure Tyler will love it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Wendy, gorgeous card, love this image and a beutiful design. pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Wendy - I hope he has/had a fabulous day! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I love how you've used Stickles an Licquid Pearls in your image, gives afinished look! The colors are great too. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, as usual, Wendy! Gorgeous card and I WANT IT! My nephew is named Tyler!! I love this! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning cute image beautifully coloured Ginny X

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card you have made for Tyler. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “use a digi” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! I really like your background papers and the colours you've used. The buttons and stitching finish it off perfectly. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy, what a brilliant card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little guy in the tub! I love your coloring and layout. Great job! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Wendy. I love all the distressing on the layers and the plaid paper looks fab with the tied buttons.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card, super image, and love the sentiment thanks for joining us on crafting when we can, hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. For ѕtаrterѕt, Tіmken ρгoduceѕ laгge, rolleг-style Τіmken beaгingѕ ωhich wеre used in basе iѕοlatіon eаrthquake tеchnology.
    Or, we cаn еasily spгеad a thin degree of lubricatiοn
    аgent about the back again of hаnԁ to сomplete the
    light ѕеaling teѕt. Аlso, the public κnοwіng of envirοnmental ԁefensе
    іs strеngthening, and so the safеty technology iѕ alѕо
    acquiring incгeasing іnterest. Its pгοducts have contributed gгeatly
    to thе grοwth οf many
    industriеѕ anԁ the advаnсеment of mеchaniсal tеchnοlogy.


    My blog pοst ... NSK Bearing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.