Wednesday 22 May 2013

I Love Promarkers DT Card - Anything Goes

It's Wednesday so it's challenge time at I Love Promarkers!  This week our theme is the ever popular, "Anything Goes", and our sponsor is Doctor Digi.  Some of the DT have used Doctor Digi images, myself included, I thought that this one, called First Place Phil would make the perfect birthday card for my F1 mad brother-in-law.  I've kept the layout for this one pretty CAS (shock, horror I know!) as he's a pretty minimalist kinda guy.
 Obviously, (it is a Promarkers challenge after all!) I used my Pros to colour the fun image.  I love Doctor Digi images, especially the male ones, they always make me smile and it can be so hard to find images suitable for humourous male cards.
I didn't have any black and white check paper, so I made my own by cutting two cm squares and layering them onto white paper, then cutting two fish tail banners.  I had a good rummage and managed to find just enough black and white, gingham ribbon to wrap round the card and add a brad topped twist.  A few screw brads finish it off.
 I'm entering this card in the following challenge -
Creative Craft - #10 - Just Checking
Artistic Impressions - #42 - Cards for Men
Incy Wincy - Metal Mania - I used brads
Graphicat Sketches - #26 - Sketch
That Craft Place - Makes for Men
Fab 'n' Funky - #172 - Ribbon or Lace

17 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Wendy, such a fun image and just perfect for a F1 kinda guy, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great masculine card Wendy and really like the gingham ribbon, all adds to the male feel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the use of the papers take care Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card Wendy - wonderful image and great layout - your colouring is just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun male card Wendy. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and not that CAS - still all your lovely additions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card hun, love the image and the colours. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab male card hun love the colours and great fishtail flags!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy your card is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so stunning wendy.really fab image and I love your papers and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card Wendy, brilliant image and design
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is brilliant Wendy and fabulous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy this is awesome, love it, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges2, this week, good luck, Avril (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card with a great image, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow I love this.. fab!! Thanks for playing at That Craft PLace xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketches.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card love those brads thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.