Saturday 29 March 2014

A Gem of a Challenge DT Card - Ribbon and Lace

It's challenge time again at A Gem of a Challenge, this week our theme is "Ribbon and Lace", we want to see both on your creation.  I've used one of Janet's new Jodie digis for my card, Jodie with Cupcake, you'll find it in the Pink Gem shop here. The sentiment is from the Grungy Sentiments set, you'll find it here
 I've used my Promarkers to colour the image, and the sentiment, which I printed onto white card, I also frantaged two of the corners and added red gems to the cherries.  I used a Spellbinders Lacy Ovals die to cut out the image to add to the pretty, lacy look.
The papers are Papermania, Bellisima, I'm a little bit in love with these scrummy papers at the moment, there's not not one sheet in the whole pack that isn't utterly gorgeous.
I added a length of lace with some pink satin ribbon layered on top, tucked beneath the image, then topped it with a large double bow for my ribbon and lace element.  I then further embellished with a flower made with a Spellbinders die and a frantaged middle, tiny punched flowers, pearls and gems.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Allsorts - #252 - Use Those Dies
Totally Gorjuss - #229 - Food and/or Drink
Crafty Catz - #224 - Anything Goes
Passion for Promarkers - #240 - Embossing - I used Frantage embossing enamel
Graph'it - #12 - Springtime Pastels
Artistic Inspirations - #84 - Anything Goes
Card Mania - #43 - Lace and Pearls
Eureka Stamps - #82 - No Square Cards
Incy Wincy - Ribbons, Lace and Pearls

15 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, your card is just lovely, such a pretty image and wonderfully coloured, lots of gorgeous detail too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love all the detailing Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eine sooo schöne karte
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your whole card is scrummy Wendy. Succh a cute image beautifully coloured. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, love the shape!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card Wendy, gorgeous image and I love the soft pastel colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design! And love the color and detail you added.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another super card, Wendy - great colouring and I love the touches of Frantage! Thanks again for joining us at PFP, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous wendy.beautiful pretty design and colours and i love the sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy oh wow I love how youve coloured this image and your card design is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Wendy
    Your card is absolutely adorable. I love the little details and the colors.
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Kate
    http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Thanks for joining our challenge last week over at PFP.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. The swirls on that cupcake look relish!
    Thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. I love the image and your chosen colour combo. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.