Thursday 10 April 2014

Teddy Tea Time

I can't remember the last time I made a Tatty Teddy card, it's not through lack of stash either, so there was no reason for me to buy this cute stamp and pretty paper pack, other than the fact that they were half price in the Hobby Craft sale!  I'm renowned amongst my friends and family for my tea drinking capabilities, so I just couldn't resist this stamp..........and it was so cheap.......
 The papers and stamp are Dovecraft, from the Me to You Mother's Day range; I stamped the image in London Fog Memento for a softer look, and coloured it in with Promarkers, I use Ice Greys for Tatty Teddy.  I used a Gold Spellbinders label die to cut out the image, inking the edge with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks.  The sentiment was fussy cut from one of the papers.
To add interest to the card blank, I embossed it with an floral Embossalicious folder, then inked it with the inks mentioned above, with the addition of Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
The flowers were made with Woodware and Nellie Snellen punches, using paper from the same pack, and inking the edges with a variety of Distress Inks for a coordinated look.  I finished off by adding pink gems, and tying pretty, variegated eyelash fibre bows to the spines of the card.
  I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Paper Pretties - #305 - Punches
Penny's - #172 - Flower Power
Scrapper's Delights - #20 - Bloomin' Lovely
Die Cuttin' Divas - #160 - Pastel Colours
Top Tip Tuesday - Cute
Crafty Bloggers - Die Cuts or Embossing, I used both
Come and Get It - Bears in Mind
2 Sisters - #175 - Teddy Bears
Suzy Bee's - #23 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - #104 - Sentiment for a Friend

21 comments:

  1. Adorable image Wendy and your colours are gorgeous, love the eyelash fiber, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful image and colours. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Wendy! Love the pastel tones and the image would be just perfect for our household - well, when hubby's at home anyway, then the kettle's never off the boil! Pretty papers and embellies too - I have some of the eyelash fibres, but never know what to do with them!?! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaawwww this is so gorgeous Wendy! Such a delightful image and I love the pretty colours & embellies too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's everything to love about this card. You've done a wonderful job, paper sniffer. I love that the background paper matches the image. You have great coloring skills. I would have bought this at ½ off, also. I, too , am a tea drinker. Unfortunately, I load it up with sugar and cream. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful teddy bear. very lovely card. Thank yo for joining us at Come and get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card gorgeous image Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw next Saturday.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous wendy.adorable tatty ted and I love the pretty details and papers :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This image is so cute and I love the design of your card. :) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colours and shape. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 23: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this adorable1 I just love that image and the soft colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges. See you Wednesday for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very adorable teddy bear and beautifully coloured Wendy. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card,Your flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card; adorable image. TFS at DCD's pastel challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card witg sweet colours. I love the bear which is making a cup of tea. Thanks for joining us at the 2 sisters challenge. Love Marijke.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute, Wendy - love your colouring.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card. Love the colors and the bear. I collect teacups and tea pots so this stamp would fit right in with me. Thanks for joining our Friend challenge at Aud sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card, I love the image and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments for our friend challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you're amazing at colouring! What a great card!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.