Tuesday 25 November 2014

Copper Christmas Wreath

I've been experimenting with my new Brusho powder paints that I bought at the SECC last month, along with this lovely Woodware stamp.  I simply sprinkled three colours of powder onto the stamp, light brown, dark brown and orange, spritzed with water, then kept stamping until I got an image I was happy with.  The first few were too wet, this one was the fourth impression, it's great fun and gives a watercolour painted effect.  Once dry, I added some Diamond Sparkles glitter in Copper Penny to the hips for plenty of glitz.  I used Spellbinders Scalloped Circles dies to cut out the topper, and I edged the white scallops with Cinnamon Stickles for even more sparkle.
 I used kraft to cut a large circle with a Grand Spellbinder die, then embossed it with a Christmas Embossalicious folder, and inked it Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I matted this onto another circle, cut with a fancy Grand die, from copper mirri card, then placed this onto a dark brown card blank.
I then added die cut ivy corner embellishments, made with a Marianne die, which I gently inked with more Vintage Photo Ink, then rubbed over the corners with gold gilding wax.
To finish, I stamped and die cut into a tag shape, a sentiment, using a Papermania stamp and a Sizzix die, topping with a twine bow.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Sentiments - Use Die Cuts
Eureka Stamps - #116 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
Get Creative - #2 - Anything Goes with the option of Glitter
Quirky Crafts - #24 - Going Round in Circles
Allsorts - #286 - No Design Paper
The Stamping Boutique - Christmas Cards Using Non-Traditional Colours
Sister Act - #84 - Anything Goes
Time Out - #19 - Embossing (I used an embossing folder), with the option of sparkle

11 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy, absolutely gorgeous make, the image and colours are beautiful, I love all the fabulous dies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to mix the powders and then stamp, makes for a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and beautiful colours.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Gorgeous creation.Thanks for joining Allsorts, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous effect you created! Love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us this week for non traditional Christmas colors at Eureka Stamps.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the colors you used. Thank you for joining us at the Time Out Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully festive :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, a real keepsake! Thank you for playing along with Quirky Crafts!
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.