Tuesday 18 August 2015

Folk Floral Christmas Wreath

I went to a Docrafts demo a few weeks ago where the demonstrator had made a wreath card using one of the tiny sprigs in the Folk Floral stamp set that I had bought.  I thought that this was a great idea and decided to make one with my own twist, using two of the tiny sprigs, and one of the banner stamps from the same set, and gave it a Nordic look by giving it a red, white and kraft colour scheme.
 I drew a circle, lightly, in pencil, and stamped my wreath round that, starting and finishing at the bottom because I knew I was going to add a bow to cover the join if the stamping didn't match up exactly, which it didn't!  After rubbing out the pencil line, I added some Christmas Red Stickles and some white Liquid Pearls to the berries on the wreath.  The banner stamp is from the same Folk Floral set as the sprigs, the sentiment stamp is from an old Papermania set, I just bent it to fit, and after stamping, fussy cut it out and stuck it on with dimensional glue.
The patterned paper is elderly stuff from Papermania, to which I've added some kraft card for matting.  To finish, I added some Card Candi and a bow made from ribbon and twine, topped with a button.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #99 - Use Some Glitter
Crafting From The Heart - #73 - Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Fair and Square

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the wreath looks amazing. I love the ribbon and the gorgeous backing paper. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. The wreath is so pretty and I love how your design showcases it so well. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this wreath and the banner across it is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at the Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.